Best Practice – I
Title: DIYA – Light for Life (Student voluntary program)
Objectives of the program:
• To help the poor and needy people.
• Providing basic needs to the homes of disabled, orphanages old age homes.
• Conducting cultural and literary competitions among the children in the orphanage homes to develop the sense of belongingness with the society.
• To develop the sense of social responsibility in every young mind.
• To inculcate the noble qualities and develop the organizing skills among the students.
DIYA –Light for Life (DIYA an acronym for DNR Irised Youth Association) is a student voluntary organization at DNRCET initiated with the motto of helping the poor and needy people. Every person does have a kind heart, but he/she does not know about the kindness that can show to others unless experiences a chance. To do social work like helping others we do not need much money rather there is need of dedication to help needy people.
Mr.D V nageswara Rao,Asst. Prof,Eluru col.of Engg., Eluru, Kidney operation.
Korri Yacob Raju’s grandson’s Hospital expenses
Mr. S Pradeep , ECE Student, DNRCET, Road Accident
To create awareness on war A Peace Rally organized against Syrian war.
Save the child organization
Kerala floods refugees (DIYA & NSS jointly organized
Mr. P Surya Rao, Heart Surgery, Palakoderu, DNRCET Old student’s Uncle
Supporting Documents for Best Practices -1 (DIYA)
Best Practice – II
Title: Employability Enhancement:
Objective of the Practice:
The objective of this practice is to focus on skill development and career paths for the young engineering graduates for business, industry and self employment.
• To develop and maintain a highly skilled, employment – ready workforce that supports and enhances the economic health of every individual student.
• To train the students in the field of English communication skills, soft skills, inter personal and intra personal skills and preparing them to work with teams in MNCs.
• To develop a best-in-class learning management system and placement and tracking mechanism
The students are from vernacular back grounds that have come from villages. It is necessary to impart required skills for employability. The Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) has come into existence after bifurcation. The immediate necessity for industrialization is the manpower development. In the process the GoAP gave high priority for skills development through establishing Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC). The DNRCET, Bhimavaram Campus has been selected as a technical Skill Development Institute (t-SDI). The DNRCET is providing infrastructure in laboratories by adopting latest technologies in engineering design to serve the needs of various industrial units, training the students to improve employability, placement of students and enable the students to compete at the national and international level employment with better remuneration and professional group. Making the students, from rural background, come out of their mother tongue influence is a very big challenge. Improvement of communication skills in English language is a pre – requisite in the present multi – cultural corporate world.
|Sno||Academic Year||School Students||ITI||Intermediate||Degree||Polytechnic||Engineering||Academic Year Total|
Supporting Documents for Best Practices -2 (Employability Enhancements)